It's been too long since my last post! A lot has happened!
SURGERY
On August 8th I had the tonsil & adenoid surgery. We had to wake up REALLY early to go to Texas Children's Hospital. It was still like nightime outside! I didn't get scared until I went back to put on my TCH pj's & saw the nurses & Dr's walking around. It was THEN that I realized something was up. The surgery went well, it was over really fast. Mommy & Daddy were surprised. Recovery took about 2 hours. I was VERY upset to wake up with so much stuff attached to me! I hated the IV and wanted it out - period! I almost had to stay overnight because it was taking me so long to calm down...but I was able to go home. I slept when I got home and did well that night & the next day. The days after that though were pretty rough. As my throat started to heal it got harder & harder to eat or drink. All I could handle was yogurt drinks & milk. Those even made me cry...but I could eventually tolerate them. I ended up losing 2lbs. I spent the whole week after the surgery with Mommy. I wasn't able to go to school. I started feeling better last Tuesday. I was able to eat more everyday & stopped needing to take Tylenol (I eat a ton now). My throat feels great now. It looks really nice in there now (no more white patches from healing) & I can breathe SO much better at night. My voice has changed a little bit, but not so much that other people can notice. One thing mommy says though - I'm A LOT louder! =) The only problems I have are the bad dreams I'm having at night & I lost my voice this week. My voice is better now. Maybe it was because I'm so loud? My bad dreams....the Nurse told Mommy yesterday that she hears this a lot from other Mommy's & Daddy's. We hope this will go away soon!
PRESCHOOL
When I went back to school on August 18th, they threw me a little curve & told me I was now in my preschool class. Mommy & Daddy thought I'd get to transition that week....but nope. I was scared the first day because I'd been out so long & had never been in that room before...but realized it's a really fun class! I actually like going everyday & don't even cry when mommy leaves. We have weekly lessons & mommy gets a weekly report. I've already learned so many new things. And the best part....Kylie & all my other friends came to the class with me =)
I will try to put some new pictures on here soon too.
xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment